Thursday, February 5, 2009

(Signing) Days of our Lives

I've long maintained that sports are just soap operas for guys - college sports most of all. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lane Kiffin for proving my point.

Okay, look, Lane. You're cute and all, and you get points for coaching my grandmother's favorite team. But a) in the immortal words of Jim Croce, you don't tug on Superman's cape, and b) don't you think that accusing another coach of "cheating" while in the very process of recruiting away two of that coach's previously committed players is, well, a little tacky? You're in the South, now, honey. Tacky matters.

And I can't help it...Richardson, Teague - you're ditching the team that just won its second national championship in what, three seasons, and which by the way plays in frakkin' Florida, in favor of playing in the mountains in one of the whitest areas of the country - (in your most recent visit to UT, did you somehow fail to notice all the snow everywhere???) - and I'm supposed to think you're cool? I've never been to Gainesville, but I've been to Knoxville. And sweethearts, believe me, this will not end well.

No comments: