Thursday, April 2, 2009

"I would tell them that God loves them..."

Check out this awesome video shot at a demonstration by Westboro Baptist, the people who picket funerals for U.S. military killed oversees, among other things. The guy in this interview, a Christian who (like me) thinks that the Westies have it all backwards, is great.

I've been a Christian all my life, and I continually examine my beliefs and evaluate how those beliefs jive with the actions some of my fellow Christians take. The best rationale for my religion I've heard in a long time came from a religious studies student at the college where I work, who said, "Christians should work for the reduction of suffering in this world," until we reach the presence of God, where there is no suffering. What are the good people of Westboro Baptist doing to reduce suffering?

No comments: