Friday, December 11, 2009

Tea Party movement fracture?

According to various media reports this week, the Tea Party movement is splitting into different factions based on differing priorities.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Teapocalypse - The Tea Party Split
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis


This reminds me of a joke I heard once. A ship traveling the South Pacific notices a distress signal, and discovers a small, uncharted island in the distance. As they approach, they see three huts built on a bluff. Well, the ship reaches the island and finds a lone man who'd wrecked there months earlier. He's thrilled to meet his rescuers, and they're naturally fascinated by how he managed to survive on a desert island for so long.

The crew asks about the three huts on the hill, and the man tells him about building shelter for himself. "I'm a Southern Baptist," he goes on. "And so, once my personal shelter was taken care of, my first priority was building a place where I could worship God."

Wow, that's really cool, the crew said. So, one hut for you to live in, another for a church. What about the third hut?

"Oh," the rescued man says with a disdainful sniff. "That's the church I used to go to."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.