Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bill knows basketball, Football...meh

You may like to bust on Bill Simmons (hell, I sometimes do), but this was some damn fine sports writing.

How good was it? I went back to ESPN's homepage to look for Simmons' NFL picks column, saw it linked with the LeBron piece, and thought to myself, "Column + picks??? What the hell? I didn't see any picks!" Then I clicked back through to the column I'd already read and - oh look - there the picks are, right there on the side. It was so good I scrolled past the very stuff I'd typed in "ESPN.com" to read!

Alright, Bill. You get this one. Even though you are STILL picking the Panthers because you're clueless about the NFL. Seriously, that line could be "Seahawks by 20" and you'd be crazy to go against it. Have you SEEN my boys play this year???

(Reverse Jinx Alert)

(Gambling is illegal, by the way.)

No comments: