Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NBC's going to Britta this one

This morning, I had to sit in on a meeting about an upcoming community event. Now, there's a reason I don't do event planning, and that's because I suck at event planning. I have zero interest and negligible ability. I could not possibly have less patience with spending an hour debating the appropriate tablecloth. My philosophy is, you plan it and I'll promote it. So, I was not having a good time.

Long story short, someone mentioned decorations in the bathroom, and I literally had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from saying "Olives! Put a bowl of olives by the toilet... It's a fancy party, Britta." And the reason I had to restrain my self from saying this out loud is because I was 99 percent sure no one else in the room would get it. And that makes me sad, because it means that not enough people are watching "Community."

It was just about a month ago, about the time that "Remedial Chaos Theory" aired, that I realized I looked forward to watching "Community" roughly 400 times more than I do "The Office" (which makes me sad for different reasons...). Anyway, "Remedial Chaos Theory" isn't just one of the best episodes of "Community;" it's one of the best episodes of any TV show I've ever seen, period. "Community" is the rare network TV show that trusts its audience's intelligence, and that's why I love it.

I do not trust NBC in the slightest, unfortunately. "Community" is not on the mid-season schedule - at all. NBC could've moved it to another time slot on Thursdays, or another night, but instead they chose to shelve it entirely for months. "Community" isn't cancelled yet, but raise your hand if you have any faith in the programming instincts of the network that destroyed "The Tonight Show."

Just about every network TV show I watch, I have on in the background in the next room while I'm working at night. There is exactly one network show that I make an appointment to watch every week, and NBC just put it on the bench.

Great thinking, guys. Britta'd it.

But you still have about another week to watch "Remedial Chaos Theory" on Hulu!

No comments: