Saturday, November 24, 2012

The dream

Okay, so when I was home at Thanksgiving, I had more than one person come up to me and ask why I didn't post more often. The thing is that I have a lot less free blogging time than I used to. I don't have the time I would like to take to develop and source posts.

And more than one person said, we don't care - we just want to hear what's on your mind.

Okay.

So, I have this recurring dream where nothing of any importance happens. In fact, the events of the dream are different every time, and sometimes I don't even remember the whole dream-plot. But in every one of the dreams in this loose series, I hear a cover of Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" played by Johnny Cash.

Not 60s "Folsom Prison Blues" Johnny Cash. The 2000s American recordings-era Johnny Cash that remade "Hurt" and the like.

And every time I have this dream, I wake up somewhere between sad and pissed off because I know that no one else will ever hear Johnny Cash sing "Fat Bottomed Girls," which sucks because it was AMAZING.

Happy now?

1 comment:

salemstudent said...

Yes, thank you,I am quite happy.