Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jon Meacham on "The Daily Show"

It's a banner day! Two of the people on my "People I Want to Have a Beer With" list discussing yet a third person on my "People I Want to Have a Beer With" list! Jon Meacham, an editor at Newsweek, goes on "The Daily Show" to talk about his new book on Andrew Jackson's presidency:

I know Jackson did horrible things, and was kind of a dick to boot, but I just can't help but love him. For better or worse, he changed the presidency forever. (And launched the Democratic Party, becoming the first president to pay off the national debt.) But, for the record...Yes, I know Jackson represented Tennessee and lived there when he was launching his political career, but he was from North Carolina.

Bonus: the interview goes into coverage of presidents and their candidates. Interesting...

No comments: