Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mystification

I should probably wait to write about this until I've had some time to mull it over, but...so I get home from a River Run screening ("Then She Found Me" - excellent, go see it ASAP) and I'm checking up on the NFL draft, and I see that, with their first pick, the Panthers go with...

A running back. A running back. Because that's obviously the team's greatest need, considering that A) we just drafted DeAngelo Williams at RB what, two frakin' years ago, and B) our D-line has evaporated like early morning mist on a summer day. And the "C" items - O-line and defensive secondary - that are such perennial issues that they hardly bear mentioning...oh no, running back. That's the way to go. What are we, the Detroit Lions, with their wide reciever draft fetish?

I'm totally speechless right now. Even reading that we also got an offensive tackle in Round One is minimal consolation. I'm officially not happy. Not happy at all.

(Seriously........a f*cking running back???????) (Further seriously........from OREGON? Have you SEEN their outfits??????)

Hopefully I'll post more on this when I'm prepared to be articulate...

No comments: