Friday, April 25, 2008

Quick update...

Apparently, I've turned into one of those "after the primary" people. As in, "I can't hang out 'til after the primary," or, "Let's talk about it after the primary," etc. It makes sense for someone who's actually volunteering for one campaign or another to have no life right now. I'm restricting my activities to the party, for now, so I guess my excuse is just that I'm lame.

Okay, I kid...so actual party politics may not be consuming my life right now, but it seems like everything else in my life has naturally developed a deadline that miraculously coincides with May 6. My uncle's wedding. The spring edition of the historical association's newsletter. Spring alumni magazine. Commencement. Let's just say that, after Primary Tuesday, the various Democratic candidates won't be the only ones with a little more time on their hands.

Speaking of politics...I went to a Roy Carter for Congress rally yesterday (Carter's the guy who's going to free us from the Bush-kissing racist insanity of Virginia Foxx), and I met Jim Dean (Howard's older brother), who was there to endorse Carter on behalf of Democracy for America. I've gotten used to political figures who swoop in for five minutes of speechifying under the protection of body-guards. Dean spoke to just about everyone there, and I do mean spoke. We had an honest-to-goodness awkward-pauses-and-all conversation. He kind of reminded me of Richard Dreyfuss. Not that the resemblence was that strong...but Dreyfuss could play him in a movie.

All for now. I'll try to write more later, but I really am pretty swamped until after...well, you know.

3 comments:

Levi said...

Thanks for being at the rally Sara!
You're right, there is a certain Dreyfusian quality in Dean.
:)
Levi
http://www.roycarterforcongress.com

BoilerGirl said...

Hey Sara, glad you could make it to the rally! Whattya think about the bus?

SaraLaffs17 said...

The bus is awesome! It's so old-school, I love it!