Saturday, October 16, 2010

I for one forgive you, Facebook

It was never your fault that some of your users didn't understand the concept of discretion, or failing that, of privacy settings so grandma or the co-workers or the person you haven't seen since high school whom you only added so you could see if she'd gained weight didn't have to see every party pic that popped up in their news feed.

So making it easier for people to decide who sees what is a good idea.

But you really need to do something about the little box urging me to learn more about/try out thenew group feature, because right now it's popping up right in the middle of my feed every damn time I log in, and I've already clicked through it twice.

So please have the Facebook Elves check me off your list, or I'll have to start one of those whiny "Facebook peed in my cornflakes" facebook groups.

No comments: