Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quick hit: Obama signs fair-pay act

I love that President Obama made this the first piece of legislation he signed into law. I love the speech he made before the signing. I love the fact that we finally have a feminist president!

[By the way...Check out the line about some Republicans opposing the bill because they're worried about increased lawsuits - which makes sense - and "that employees could delay filing their claims in the hope of reaping bigger rewards." Huh? Who does that? Hey, I just found out I'm making $40,000 and all my male coworkers make $50,000. I could file a complaint now, but I think it would be more fun to wait 20 years and then spend tens of thousands of dollars on a lawsuit that I might not win. Seriously??? Did someone actually argue this?]

No comments: