Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm sorry, this is weird

So Mark Sanford, the South Carolina governor previously known for his bombast re: the Obama stimulus bill, has been incommunicado since last Thursday.

His wife says she doesn't know where he is. His aides say he's somewhere hiking on the AT.

I'm sorry, this is weird. Dude is a frakking *governor.* When you're the chief executive of a state with double-digit unemployment, you don't get to f*ck off the woods for a long weekend. Hell, even I don't get to do that. And BTW, it's like 90 degrees here. I can think of better times to go hiking. Seriously, the president of the college where I work doesn't get to disappear for half an hour, let alone days at a time. No one with that level of authority does.

I call BS. Sanford is either shacked up with an underaged homosexual farm animal, or he's having a nervous breakdown.

Don't drop this, media.

No comments: