Thursday, October 9, 2008

Live Presidential Text Dialogue: Mom Edition

‘Cause my Mom’s just this cool…

In response to a question about bipartisanship, McCain cites his hero Ronald Reagan, who worked with Democrat Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill to “fix” Social Security.
Mom: If Reagan and tip fixed ss then why r we still screwed?
Me: I like the
hoover shout-out myself.

Mom: Drinking on “my friends.” Hic!
Me: i was thinking the same thing! He’s making me think of
that red hot chili peppers song that i hate…

Mom: BTW keith olbermann tonight: mcliar voted for the 3million $ bear dna earmark he invoked in the last debate

Me: is he going for the jewish vote with all the anti-pork?
Mom: lmao

Mom: Wasn’t the online records thing either
hillary or obama’s idea first? And is it just me or does mcpain look really, REALLY old?

McCain outlines his plan to deregulate health care shopping so you can buy a policy from a company in another state if you want. Sounds great on paper, but it’s already hard enough to find a local doctor who accepts every insurance in our own state, let alone having to deal with companies in the other 49…And Obama counters that insurance companies will just gravitate to states with lax regulations, like banks did. Does anyone want our health care system to someday do what our banking industry’s been doing lately?
Me: I’m wondering how much the out-of-state thing will cost my doctor…
Mom: Yeah, that ‘across state lines’ thing is where they started with the banking industry.
Obama specifically names Delaware as a veritable Dodge City for bankers. The same Delaware that Joe Biden’s from. The Joe Biden whose son works for one of those banks. Um.
Me: Obama needs to lay off Delaware though. HELLO, Biden!
Mom: True that.

McCain says that Russia’s coming for the Ukraine. I’m confused, because his running mate assured us that “As Putin rears his head,” he’d have another target in mind.
Me: Ukraine??? i thought it was alaska…
Mom: All I know is I can see it from my house

Brokaw asks if Russia is evil, and McCain gives a refreshingly un-Bushlike answer.
Mom: Whoa---nuance from mcsoundbite!
Me: I know, right? who knew?

McCain: I know what it's like in dark times. I know what it's like to have to fight to keep one's hope going through difficult times. I know what it's like to rely on others for support and courage and love in tough times.
Mom: Like the love and support of his wife Carol?
Me:
Carol? What Carol? There is no Carol. You will be submitted for reeducation.
Mom: Not when I move to mexico

Me: pop quiz.
What’s mccain’s fave 60s tv series? Hint: james garner.

Mom: According to
mudflats blog he said my friends 12 times. Felt like more. Andrew Sullivan says Obama mauled mcgrumpy.

Mom: Chris Matthews just said mcgrumpy used ‘my friends’ 22 times last night. I thought mudflats count was too low –the drinkin’ game musta got ouuta hand up there

Read the full debate transcript here.

No comments: